Today’s post is something of a mixed bag: updates, announcements, and since it’s just about that time of year, a little bit of Christmas cheer.
First, the updates …
* You’ve still got through the Christmas weekend to enter the New Balance MT101 giveaway contest, where the winners will be picked on December 29. THREE pairs of shoes are up for grabs, so don’t get intimidated by the number of comments – you can’t win if you don’t enter!
* I’m still looking for one winner from last week’s Holiday GU giveaway – so Katie Peterson, you’ve got until the end of December 23rd (11:59 PM – and please don’t make me wait up) to claim your prize before I choose another winner.
* Remember the guy named Fitz who interviewed me for his Strength Running website and gave away a copy of my book? (Related question: Did you even remember that I have a book?) Well, he’s released a new e-book called 52 Workouts in 52 Weeks, and best of all, it’s absolutely free. Go here to check out his site and download the book.
As for the announcements …
* The winner of the VIVOBAREFOOT kids’ shoe giveaway is ... The Big E! E-mail me your contact info so I can pass it along to my VB rep. Congratulations!
* For everybody else, remember that all VIVOBAREFOOT kids shoes are on sale for 25% off between now and December 27th with coupon code RRKIDS.
* Now for a fairly major contest note: if you saw the recent New Balance giveaway and thought “That’s cool, but the shoes aren’t quite minimalist enough for me”, or if you’ve been watching the recent VIVOBAREFOOT giveaways and thought “I wish they’d give away more running shoes sometime”, be sure to tune in here next week – you’re going to find something awesome.
And finally … since we discussed kids’ stuff this week, and since it’s already the 23rd of December, I decided it was time to downshift a bit and re-focus on the true joy of this season amidst the materialism of killer gear giveaways. Accordingly, I’ll have a brief (non-giveaway) post tomorrow, and then hunker down for a long Christmas weekend.
In the meantime, I’ll leave you with one of my favorite clips of all time to remind us of what it’s all about. Considering that I’ve embedded this video here a couple of times before, I guess this qualifies as a holiday tradition in Running and Rambling Land.
Excerpt from A Charlie Brown Christmas (click to play):
Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling.
Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.