July 18, 2010

We Did It!

"We did it, we did it, we did it - hooray!"
- from Dora the Explorer

Gretchen and me, shortly after her 100-mile finish this morning

Well, more accurately, SHE did it - I was pretty much just along for the ride. But the ride was nearly incredible; Gretchen was a complete studette in posting her second Tahoe Rim Trail 100-mile finish, and I was honored to be able to witness it.

I may publish a brief post about my pacer experience later this week, but I really don't want to take too much attention away from the real star - so head over to Gretchen's blog and tell her congrats. I'm guessing she'll have a full race report in the near future, but for now, I can only hope she's catching up on some sleep.

Angie Bishop 7/18/10, 7:34 PM

amazing!! Good job to her and to you for helping her :)

trailmomma 7/18/10, 9:35 PM

Donald, I have to say, I think I was the odd ball person staring at you in the Raley's early Saturday morning. Did you happen to stop there? My friends and I stopped to use the restroom before heading to the Tunnel Creek aid station and I saw you and said "I think I read his blog!" but I was too embarrassed to stop and ask and it was too early in the morning! :-)

Regardless, I just wanted to see if it was in fact you that I saw. I later told my friends (who are not blog people) all about you and how I read your blog daily.

Congrats to Gretchen. I look forward to reading her report!

Trailmomma

Clynton Taylor 7/18/10, 9:46 PM

Terrific! Way to go Gretchen!

Stacy 7/19/10, 7:43 AM

Thanks for posting the pic; you guys both look great! I'm looking forward to Gretchen's report and catching up with both of you more offline.

Donald 7/19/10, 8:11 AM

TrailMomma: that was me, loading up on my bagels, bananas and CLIF bars for the day ... you should have said hi! That would have been cool. Maybe next year?

I hope your weekend went well also.

Gretchen 7/19/10, 3:21 PM

I love that picture.

"Thanks" can't even come close to saying how I feel. Rest assured, you were no mere witness, but a critical part of an incredible experience. You're the best, kid.

"We did it! We did it! Oh yeah, yeah, yeah! No eating here tonight! (Woo!) No eating here tonight! (You're on a diet!)"