April 30, 2006

3:01:20

That's the short version. My son finished the 5K in about 43 minutes.

I'll post a full race report later. Tonight I need to knock out a Monterey Herald article, and then I'll be back here with all the details - hopefully by sometime tomorrow. Despite the time above, it was a really good day.

susie 4/30/06, 2:56 PM

Congrats to your son (and you). Looking forward to the details...

backofpack 4/30/06, 3:11 PM

Congrats to both of you! Tell your son way to go from your blogging buddies!

matt 4/30/06, 4:35 PM

congrats to you on a great race, but you must be especially proud of your son right now! give us his race report, too :)

Darrell 4/30/06, 4:56 PM

Very cool for your son.I really hope he had fun.

You were so darn close to your goal. I look forward to your analysis.

olga 4/30/06, 5:18 PM

The time sounds like a PERFECT day on that course! I couldn't even imagine doing it at Big Sur! Congrats to you and your son!

Kim 4/30/06, 6:32 PM

Great job today!!!
It was a beautiful day!

And can I mention I'm so glad I trained on hills...there wasn't a flat spot to be found for first 26 miles of the race!

robtherunner 4/30/06, 8:10 PM

Way to go Donald for both you and your son. Can't wait for the article and the report.

DREW 4/30/06, 9:33 PM

3:01 at Big Sur. Excellent work. I too am looking forward to a race report from both you and your son.

jeff 5/1/06, 8:03 AM

3:01 is golden country...that's a dream race for me. congratulations, donald, and big congrats to your wee one for knocking out the 5k. he's got to be as pleased as you are proud.

stronger 5/1/06, 8:19 AM

Cool- you proved you don't HAVE to go sub-3, huh?

Brian,  5/1/06, 3:59 PM

3:02 under terrible conditions at Napa and 3:01 up and down the hills at Big Sur? Wow. Efforts that far outshine many sub-3hr performances elsewhere. Be proud.

(and - next time you see me - just try to wipe the smile off of my face!)

Anne 5/1/06, 4:40 PM

On my way out of town, I realized I'd failed to wish you luck this weekend. Guess you didn't need it, given your outstanding time. I know that 1:20 might -- and I mean might, not should -- be bugging you because of your time goal. But Big Sur is a hard course. And your son finishing his first 5k is just wonderful.

angie's pink fuzzy 5/1/06, 8:20 PM

I look forward to the race report - and congrats to you and your son!!! (will he write a report for us? :) )