March 15, 2006

Random Bullets

Nothing really monumental is on my mind today, so I just thought I’d mention a few points regarding the past few days:

· Today was the first morning in almost a week that I didn’t get drenched with rain while running. I had almost forgotten what that was like.
· For some reason, there seems to be a huge difference between “raining and 39 degrees” (like yesterday morning) and “raining and 33 degrees” (like last week) as to whether I can drag myself out for a run. This must be a mental thing.
· Or maybe it’s merely “six degrees of separation”. Ba-dum-BUM. Thank you. Thank you very much.
· After playing in the snow on Sunday, my 4-year old daughter climbed into the van with a runny nose and said “Snow gives me lots of boogers!” That more or less sums up my feelings about snow: good for snot production, a hassle for most other things.
· My boy Chris Daughtry keeps sailing through American Idol. Last night he did a hard-rock version of “Higher Ground” by Stevie Wonder that just killed ‘em.
· Although it’s almost like he cheated, since that arrangement had already been done by the Red Hot Chili Peppers back in the day. The judges didn’t seem to notice or mind.
· Red Hot Chili Peppers…now THAT was a band. Before they went soft, anyway. There wasn't a day of college that went by without me listening to those guys. I miss college, sometimes.

That’s all for now. Hopefully something more coherent will spring to mind next time.

backofpack 3/15/06, 2:59 PM

I missed American Idol last night. Our department hosted a guest speaker on Parenting - what an awesome presentation! I guess I'll get to see the highlights on Idol tonight.

Rain just makes you appreciate the dry runs more!

olga 3/15/06, 4:41 PM

6 degrees IS a big difference...and, not to be stupid, who's on the picture, and why are they hiding?

Donald 3/15/06, 5:39 PM

Olga, since you're from Russia I'll cut you some slack for not knowing...

Those are the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They're hiding the part of their body where they normally wear a sock during concerts. They're somewhat crazy.

Downhillnut 3/16/06, 7:05 AM

For some strange reason I had a hard time keeping my eyes on your words today. Something about not running in the rain and AI...

I for one will be sorry to see Ace go. Yeah, others are better singers, but he's way hotter than Bucky or Elliot, and I'd like to see cutie Kelly go home first.

I don't expect Taylor Hicks to win, but I do expect him to make an album for me to buy.

stronger 3/16/06, 7:44 AM

You have naked men on your blog! Good thing they went 'soft'. Okay, that was bad.

jeff 3/16/06, 7:45 AM

that episode was the first i'd seen of american idol this time around. while he did a great job with the version of higher ground, i was somewhat surprised at the judges responses. they obviously never heard the 'peppers version, to which his paled in comparison.

yup, rhcp...now there's a group. true men don't kill coyotes, that's for sure.

Ben, aka BadBen 3/16/06, 8:47 AM

D,
Naked men on your blog? What next, a subscription to Vogue?
:-)

RHCP's "soft" album from about 4 years ago pissed me off. I listened to it the day it came out and the songs were so "hooked" that I couldn't get them out of my head. Really good songwriting, but I also liked them better in the days of yore (early 90s), when they had a rough edge.